People want things free and they want it done yesterday. The custom software development industry seems to be attempting to accommodate the needs of their clients by providing cheaper and faster solutions than ever before through hybrid mobile app development.
However, as expected, there are both pros and cons to hybrid app development worth your time in consideration for your mobile app development.
PROs for Hybrid Mobile App Development
- Affordable – Much cheaper than developing app on both native mobile app development platforms (iOS and Android)
- Cross-platform – Ability to create mobile app that works on several operating systems
- Development – Use the same language (easier for dev team = cheaper for customer)
- Accessibility – App still has the ability to connect with GPS, camera, contacts, etc.
- Distribution – Able to still be distributed through app stores (Apple and Google Play)
CONs for Hybrid Mobile App Development
- Speed – Reduced speed compared to native application
- Data – Limitations to all device data that native apps have access to
- UI/UX – Visual elements such as animations and complex graphics may provide difficult challenges
- Bugs – Different bugs on different operating systems may cause challenges down the road
In conclusion, if you are looking to develop a mobile application with two or more platforms, have a limited budget, and rather simple needs and specifications, then we would strongly encourage you to explore the hybrid mobile app development option.
However, if you are unsure and would like to discuss your application further, feel free to reach out to us to discuss your custom software development needs – completely for free!
But really, it’s actually free.